Python is a high-level, interpreted , interactive and object-oriented scripting language. Python was developed by Guido van Rossum in the late eighties and early nineties at the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands.
1.Interpreted:It’s means that we don’t need to compile it like C,Java.It is executed during runtime by the interpreter like in other language like PHP,PERL.
2.Interactive:It’s means that you write your programs directly in python prompt and interact with python interpreter.
3.Object Oriented: Python supports concept of Object Oriented programming language that encapulates code within objects.
- Its easy to learn,easy to read and easy to maintain python code
- It contains a vast set of comprehensive standard library
- It is portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows and Macintosh.
- Python supports and provide interfaces to almost all Databases.
- Python provide GUI application creation that can be ported to any system.
- It can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA and Java.
- Its design philosophy emphasizes code redability and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C++ or Java
Uses Of Python:
Since 2003, Python has consistently ranked in the top ten most popular programming languages as measured by the TIOBE Programming Community Index. As of September 2015, it is in the fifth position.It was ranked as Programming Language of the Year for the year 2007 and 2010.It is the third most popular language whose grammatical syntax is not predominantly based on C,e.g. C++, Objective-C (note, C# and Java only have partial syntactic similarity to C, such as the use of curly braces, and are closer in similarity to each other than C).
- Python can serve as scripting language for web applications, e.g., via mod_wsgi for the Apache Web Server with Web Server Gateway Interface, a standard API has evolved to facilitate these applications
- Many Web Application Framework Develop in Python Like Django,Web2py,Flask,Bottle etc.That support developers in the design and maintenance of complex application
- Libraries like Numpy,Scipy and Matplotlib allow the effective use of Python in scientific computing,with specialized libraries such as BioPython and Astropy providing domain-specific functionality.
- Python has also been used in artificial intelligence tasks.
- It has also been used in making several video games,and has been adopted as first of the three available programming languages in Google App Engine, the other two being Java and Go.
- Python’s design and philosophy have influenced several programming languages like Swift,Cobra,Go etc.
There are several compilers to high-level object languages, with either unrestricted Python, a restricted subset of Python, or a language similar to Python as the source language:
- Jython compiles into Java byte code, which can then be executed by every Java virtual machine implementation. This also enables the use of Java class library functions from the Python program.
- IronPython follows a similar approach in order to run Python programs on the .NET Common Language Runtime.
- The RPython language can be compiled to C, Java bytecode, or Common Intermediate Language, and is used to build the PyPy interpreter of Python.
- Shed Skin compiles Python to C++.
- Cython and Pyrex compile to C.
Now You Know All About Python Now start coding in python by learning :- How To Run Python’s IDLE